Friday, February 10, 2012

An Interview with Nicholas Kirkwood!!!

Well, let's mark one more thing off my bucket list!! I met, interviewed and got an autograph by the famed shoe designer, Nicholas Kirkwood! 


He was soooooo kind and humble! He genuinely seemed shocked by my enthusiasm for his shoes and I even think he blushed! He took the time for everyone and never seem bothered by the fanfare. I must say, this experience just made me want his collection all the more. 


Tiffany (www.tiffanystyleblog.com) and I with Nicholas Kirkwood


Here is the interview: 


Miss Beanie: First of all, let me say that I am a HUGE fan of yours and I just love all of your shoes! 
Nicholas Kirkwood: Why thank you! That is very sweet!
MB: It's the truth! I especially love your showroom on Mount Street in London! All of your shoes are so cutting edge and different from any other designer. Did your time working for Phillip Treacy influence that part of your design?
NK: Well, working with Phillip Treacy was a huge pleasure! We got along so well and I think that was thanks to our similar style and approach to design. I have always been drawn to unique and avant garde designs and so it simply encouraged me to stay true to my design.  
MB: Your shoes also tend to have geometric shapes and abstract lines to them. Especially the platform and heel. Will we see that in this upcoming season?
NK: Well, this season is going to be all about the floral elements. This shoe (see pic below) takes the floral trend and elevates it to the avant garde level. 


MB: I love that shoe! This is why you will continue to surprise shoe lovers for a long time to come! You're ability to take something we have seen time and time again and make it new. Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me! 
NK: Thank you! And come visit the workroom in London the next time you are there! 




Its the truth! Next week, I will tour his showroom and workroom and get a pair of shoes signed in London! These are the ones I am dying to have! 


Very exciting! Stay tuned for the update from London! 


cheerio, 


Miss Beanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I look forward to reading each and every comment!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs