Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mayhem at Target

Well, I braved the crowds this morning bright and early at Target. When I arrived at 7:45 am, there was a line of about 30 girls ready to rush the doors! I stood in line patiently and when they opened the doors everyone ran inside. Sadly enough, several of the items I had been coveting weren't being sold at the store. No accessories or purses and the White Bow Tie blouse wasn't there either. Fortunately, the fashion gods were watching over me, and some friendly girls who had grabbed 2 sizes of everything to try on gave me their rejects and I got exactly what I wanted at the store. Surprisingly, I felt like the majority of the clothes looked and felt cheap. (I know, you get what you pay for.) The lace skirt was actually printed on the fabric and didn't fit well and some dresses were see through. I opted for the yellow peplum blouse, the floral mesh top and the matching floral pleated skirt. The yellow blouse actually looked super cute with the skirt and red heels. I can't wait to wear it out! Tell me your Target Mayhem story and share your pics of how you are going to style your Jason Wu outfits! 


xoxo, 


Miss Beanie

2 comments:

  1. Fortunately I have a mother who lives in outer Mongolia. She went to her Target for me. Several of the main pieces were gone, but she brought me a TON of other stuff. I totally agree with your opinion of the collection. The cuts were not flattering. I find things to be very boxy when they are made for the super stores. I did, however, keep the black and straw envelope clutch, the grey t-shirt with the black lace printed down the front and the cream and black bicycle wheels dress, that looked FABULOUS with my (now vintage, purchased 7 years ago, fashion years are like dog years) black and cream Chanel platform pumps. The real question is whether or not I will be able to get my mom to stand in line at H&M for the Marni launch in March. Do you think we will get any of it in ATlanta???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, Julie! I need a pic of you in those Chanel pumps and dress! I could see the Parisian Chic Cool Girl Vibe now! As for Marni, I am really fretting over it. We will be getting in some pieces at the Atlantic Station location for sure…but the lines I fear may be dreadful. Know of an H&M near outer Mongolia?

      Delete

Thanks so much for reading! I look forward to reading each and every comment!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs