Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dinner in Bollywood


Bollywood took over the Spring 2013 runways as seen at Marchesa and I took some inspirations from these shows last night!

I love Indian food and I thought that I would test out my culinary skills with an Indian dinner at home.I have only been attempting to cook for a few months at this point and my biggest advice to anyone would be, "Keep it simple!" Thinking back to days of college when Sandra Lee hosted "Semi Homemade", I decided to get myself in the mood with some decor and, of course, an outfit! Bangles, scarves and pashminas immediately came to mind. I decided to use some of the pashminas and scarves for table decor. I took some crystal lotus votives and went with it! Here is the outcome:




Are you ready for this menu? Garlic Naan with apple cranberry chutney, raita and red pepper hummus, Madras Lentils, Jodhpur Lentils and Punjabi Kadhi Pakora with Basmati Rice. Before you feel impressed I have a confession. As for the food, I did it the semi-homemade way like Sandra Lee would have done. I got Garlic Naan from the bakery of the local Publix and brushed it with olive oil and put it in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Voila! I took spicy red pepper hummus out of the container and put it in a pretty crystal dish and sprinkled some cumin on top. The apple cranberry chutney is delicious and by Stonewall Kitchen, again from the local Publix. The Raita (a cucumber mint yogurt dipping sauce) wasn't as easy to find at Publix and I did actually make it. I used this recipe and it was Beanie approved. The rest was literally 90 seconds in the microwave a piece! I tasted each and added spices as I felt they needed but aside from a little lime juice and cayenne pepper, everything was already perfect! I used TastyBite 90 second brand for the Lentils, Super Kohinoor and for the Dumplings and Uncle Ben's 90 second Basmati Rice. 


We had a great dinner topped off with a sweeter Pinot Noir to balance the spicy food. I got major brownie points! And I got to use my new Jonathan Adler china!

You can thank me later… ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I look forward to reading each and every comment!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs