Tuesday, October 9, 2012

DIY Sweater Socks

I saw this idea on Pinterest and I knew immediately what to do! I have a stack of sweaters that are either shrunken, too small or have holes due to an invisible family of moths in the attic. I also have humongous calf muscles that always keep my pants from fitting nicely into my boots with out bunching up. So, enter the genius idea: Get the look of chunky sweater socks without them crowding your boots!

Photo from Pinterest

Step 1:  Take an old sweater and cut off the arms if they will fit your calf (mine would not) or a section about the length of the circumference of your boot. I eye balled it.



Step 2:  Make sure it fits around your leg nicely and fits inside the boots you have in mind and then stitch it up the side inside out.




Step 3: Insert into your boot inside out so that when rolled over your boot the correct side shows.



Step 4: Voila! Sport it with confidence knowing that your legs aren't sweating and your feet aren't crowded!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I look forward to reading each and every comment!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs