Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Leibster Award Nomination!



I am so honored that I was given the Liebster Award by Noor's Place. Check out her blog here! (P.S. she has the craziest mouse icon EVER!) The Leibster Award is for inspiring up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. She asked me 11 questions about myself and asked me to also share 11 interesting facts about myself as well. Here we go! 

My eleven questions:


What do you prefer ? Tumblr or Twitter? I prefer Twitter. 
What's your favourite fragrance? J'adore Dior
If you want to dwell in any city of the world, which city that could be? London. I was married there this year as a matter of fact! For its history that is alive and well, the accent (care for a spot of tea?) and the architecture. I feel as though I'm in Downton Abby whenever I am there walking through the streets. 
Who's your favourite singer/band? I'm currently obsessed with the Black Keys. 
Any celeb role model? My fashion role model is Olivia Palermo for her ability to mix and match textures and prints while maintaining a feminine aesthetic. 
High heels or sneakers? Always, high heels. The higher the better! 
If you get a chance to be starred in a movie , who would be your co-star? My life might as well be a comedy. Everyone always says, "That could ONLY happen to YOU!" So, I would have to say Ben Stiller. 
What's your biggest passion? I have two: teaching and fashion. Kids are so pure-hearted and will always be your best critic given their honesty. Fashion because it allows you to express yourself without ever saying a word. 
What's your biggest fear?I am terrified of snakes. I have a snakeskin bag and I had nightmares that it was coming alive to eat me. I couldn't wear it for months. I've finally convinced myself that by wearing the bag it will scare other snakes away from me. Ridiculous, I know! 
What's your favourite brand? Valentino! Valentino's trademark red and glamourous gowns always send me into a frenzy. I especially love the mix of feminine ruffles with edgy studs as of late. 
Most important person in your life? My Aunt V. She raised me and is the most amazing woman EVER! She is also the reason I am obsessed with fashion. She always ensured that I was dressed to the nines for any occasion from a very small age. At the age of 4, I informed her that I would require a "fancy" dress for a holiday party and she obliged. It happened to be red and sequined a la Valentino! The rest is history.

11 facts about Miss Beanie: 
  • The name Miss Beanie came from my husband (boyfriend at the time) who said I was a jumping bean, a green bean and a string bean. Ultimately, it morphed into my nickname, Miss Beanie. 
  • I am a pescatarian and have been since the age of 7, meaning that I choose not to eat meat with the exception of fish. 
  • I am obsessed with french macarons from Laduree (not to be confused with macaroons). I even had a tower of them in lieu of a wedding cake! 
  • French fries are my weakness. 
  • I drink my coffee black! 
  • If I could live in any era it would definitely be in the roaring twenties without the depression. Sequins and fringe are fine by me! 
  • My favorite hotel in the world is Claridge's. They even offer an Audrey Hepburn package or a fashion week package. Every year their Christmas tree is designed by a fashion designer…last year was Lanvin!
  • Pink is my favorite color.
  • My favorite shoe designer is Nicholas Kirkwood. Check out my interview with him here.
  • I adore elephants but only with their trunks held up, which is a sign of good luck. It is on my bucket list to ride an elephant while wearing a beautiful jeweled sari. 
  • I am a science nerd. I majored in Microbiology. Strange, I know. 
Here are my nominations for the Liebster Award: 


www.tiffanystyleblog.com
http://toronto-runner.blogspot.com/
http://atlantastreetfashion.blogspot.com/
http://www.designerstyleforthefrugalsoul.com/
http://mintclothingcompany.blogspot.com/
http://blog.faconconnect.com/
http://www.thefashionlush.com/
http://sincerelypeachy.blogspot.com/
http://quietluxe.blogspot.com/

If you accept the award, please write a post referring back to this one and write 11 facts about yourself as I have done. You must also answer these questions and nominate others with less than 200 followers! Enjoy! And feel free to take a bow and pat yourself on the back!


  1. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
  2. Who is your blogging role model?
  3. Favorite food?
  4. Cupcakes or Ice Cream?
  5. Do you have a hidden talent?
  6. Who is your celebrity crush?
  7. What is your favorite song right now?
  8. Do you prefer dogs or cats?
  9. If you drink Starbucks, what is your go to order?
  10. Favorite store to shop at?
  11. Favorite season?


Thanks so much for the award! 







8 comments:

  1. This is absolutely an amazing post :D I thought your name came from an idea on beanie ( the hat) .
    Noor~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a lot of people think that! BUT, I don't even own a beanie hat! Maybe I should though… Thanks so much for the award, Noor! Let's stay in touch!

      xoxo,

      Miss Beanie

      Delete
  2. Oooh, London would be super fun to live in! Congrats on the award!
    -Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, it's wonderful to learn more about you!


    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. you're very welcome!

      xoxo,

      Miss Beanie

      Delete

Thanks so much for reading! I look forward to reading each and every comment!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs