Friday, February 15, 2013

Alice + Olivia Fall 2013 Presentation


The designer, Stacey Bendet for Alice + Olivia
An up close shot of the designers accessories including her A+O plaid nail wraps! 
The Alice + Olivia show was one of the highlights of my NYFW! (Shout out again to Meagan Owen of Meg Your Pardon blog!) It was so over the top and fabulous that I didn't want to leave! Stacey Bendet, the creative genius behind the brand, threw a fashion fete like no other. Not to mention that the show was littered with celebs like Katherine McPhee, Vanessa Hudgens, Tinsley Mortimer and Johnny Weir. And they must have heard that I was coming because she was serving my meal of choice: champagne, french macarons and cake pops!


The warehouse space at the Highline Stages was transformed into a shabby chic space complete with Marie Antoinette style furniture, oriental rugs, one extravagant chandelier and musical instruments hanging from the rafters.



The models were decked out in every possible embellishment you could think of: feathers? check! crystals? check! leather? check! studs? check! pony hair? check! animal print? check! For most, that may seem overkill but for me I say, "Bring it on!" The designer's inspiration was drawn from street style. During a time when street style is so BIG, why not make it bigger?! This was her take on fantasy street style: what she would wear if she really could wear anything and go anywhere. I say, "Bravo!" As I'm known for wearing things not because of the occasion but rather because of my mood, why not wear quilted leather wedge boots with stud details to walk down the street?!? I was in sartorial heaven to say the least. For those of you not so smitten by the over-done, I say take one item and make it your statement, pairing it with basics.
My personal favorite look. Feather peplum wins my heart every day!
The hair was a messy Heidi braid by Moroccanoil topped off with red roses…totally DIY-able for a headband. The lips were the perfect plum lip using Stila's Merlot Stay All Day Lip Vinyl Gloss. From the looks of the shows, it seems red is out and burgundy is in.

Ravishing beauties at the show.
And then there were the shoes and bags….DIE!


An up close look at the Stace Face Pump available in red or green side details…AKA my birthday present this year.
The A+O team debuted their legwear collaboration with Pretty Polly. The nude and black swirl tights were my fave! I hate to see you go, but I LOVE to watch you leave...
AH-MAZING legwear debuted at the presentation.







As I begrudgingly headed out the door to trek back uptown in the frigid weather towards Lincoln Center, the A + O girls knew just what to do to cheer me up! A goodie bag filled with Alice + Olivia for Stila liquid eyeliner that stays on FOREVER, Moroccanoil for the locks, red nail polish and Polar Seltzer water was just the pick-me-up I needed to finish my fashion packed day. 

A+O didn’t disappoint and I cannot wait to get my well-manicured hands on these looks! Do you spy anything that will be making a jump into your fall wardrobe?

4 comments:

  1. This looks like an amazing show! I love the feather peplum dresses!

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all, but especially the feather peplum dresses. Those are so so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the long feather peplum dress also... Made me consider wearing something beautiful like this for my wedding instead of the traditional wedding dress (if I was able to afford it lol!)

    www.expressionthrustyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your style! I'm just starting my own blog about student life in London, I would love it if you could check it out!

    www.aliceinlondaland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! I look forward to reading each and every comment!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs