Monday, February 11, 2013

NYFW = Absolute Craziness

If you've been following my twitter, instagram or facebook you know I've been a very busy fashionista. To be very real, I'm exhausted, my feet hurt, I'm living off of Fiber One bars that they give out at Lincoln Center and I've never been happier! I've met some of my designer idols, I have made some fabulous friends and I have met some celebrities that are so nice! Here is a mid Fashion Week recap of what all I've been doing.

There may have been a blizzard and I may have fallen once, almost fell another time and got splashed by a cab.



I've seen 21 shows in the first 4 days and my favorite was Monique Lhuillier. Although, being in the same room as Diane Von Furstenburg was quite thrilling, I couldn't enjoy the show because I was looking at Anna Wintour's reactions the entire time. Here is a snippet of a video that I took of DVF dancing down the runway after her show…she hugs Anna Wintour and grabs my new fashion week friend, Emily's hand as she goes down the aisle.


video


I met one of my favorite ready to wear designers, Catherine Malandrino, at her presentation on Sunday and was so thrilled! Her collection was gorgeous and her French accent was oh so chic! She is the definition of French Chic.

I met Miss J Alexander not once but twice! The first time we were walking into Tadashi Shoji and the guards didn't recognize him and wouldn't let him in and so I (Miss Beanie to the rescue) went to the PR to help him while he waited patiently and kind of laughed it off. After the show I tweeted about it and he replied to my tweet!!! Then I saw him at Zac Posen last night and we had a moment and took a photo together…Photo will come shortly!


Oh YEAH! We attempted to go to the Zac Posen show using our Press Credentials and the PR team said if there was any room left in the Media Pit after their pre-approved media were settled in then we could go…we waited patiently to no avail. BUT, we got to stand and watch every single celebrity and editor go through to the show. After the show, Hamish Bowles touched my arm and posed for a street style photo! OMG!! I may have squealed. Photos to come soon!


I made BBF (Blogger Best Friends) with Meg from Meg Your Pardon (cutest blog name EVER!) while at DVF. Turns out, I know her friend Kelsey from last February Fashion Week and she asked me at Lela Rose if I minded if her bestie sat between us. Turns out, Meg is the girl that sat on my lap at Lela Rose! Go figure! Look at her now, at DVF all by herself! You go girl! She was my partner in crime for the Zac Posen stalker session! Be sure to check out her blog, she is so stinkin' funny and whoa cute!


6 comments:

  1. Your so lucky! sounds like your having a lot of fun!

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had an amazing time! I am so sad I missed it :( I'm already looking forward to going this Fall!! Excited to follow along with your pictures :-)

    -Mia
    www.msmiamaree.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. 21 shows!!!!!!!!! Girl you are crazy! I gotta catch up on your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a whirlwind! All sounds amazing though :) Following you via bloglovin

    http://monstermagpie.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/magicmagpie666

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like your having the best time!
    Can;t wait to see more photos
    I'm following you, would love for you to check out my blog
    Lots of love from Australia xx

    http://www.voguevndal.blogspot.com.au

    http://www.voguevndal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet for the shout out and had SO much fun with you this weekend! If only we had met earlier, oh wait... we did! Can't wait to rehash all details from this week with my favorite new BBF! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! I look forward to reading each and every comment!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs