Monday, April 22, 2013

Currently Obsessed: Lemon Yellow

Confession to make: I am obsessed with Lemon Yellow and Chambray. I cannot stop! It all started with a little pair of cap toed yellow flats last summer and now it is full blown including a purse. You all know about my love of high end designer bags: YSL, Valentino, Louis Vuitton, Fendi…. but when it comes to a super trendy piece that I feel like I might not wear for more than one season I opt for a less expensive option. Enter Olivia & Joy! This bag has the perfect lady like shape with great gold hardware and in my favorite shade of citrus on super sale for a mere $35! As for the chambray…well there is an Instagram picture to prove it.  And as far as mixing patterns go, I took a color from the floral skirt and used it in a simpler striped pattern on top. The rule is…they match but in a subtle way. Stripes and florals are easily my favorite pattern combination. 

Striped Sweater - LOFT, Dress worn as a Skirt - TJ Maxx (similar), Chambray Jacket/Cape - Current Elliott, Shoes - Tory Burch, Purse - Olivia & Joy (similar), Bracelets - Flea Market in Spain (similar), Sunglasses - Spitfire via Nordstrom





What is your favorite trend right now that you can't get enough of? Do you have a favorite way to mix patterns?


9 comments:

  1. I am loving the pattern you used in this outfit! Your skirt and bag are gorgeous.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very eye catching colour! i love yellow
    beautiful skirt aswell
    A
    www.23ofashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute look! I really like the bright yellow bag - such an eye catcher for summer! x

    fashion is for idiots [like us]
    fashion is for idiots [like us]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stripes and floral pairing!

    www.corporategirlstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the floral skirt! I've been looking for one for a while! xx

    wildflowerofprague.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing outfit.... love the bag and skirt.... Do you wanna follow each other?
    www.styleofdarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right. The yellow is great with the chambray. Beautiful look.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  8. in love with this post, and your whole entire blog in general.

    lots of love from the casper&pearl girls – a little Aussie fashion brand
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! I look forward to reading each and every comment!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs