Monday, May 13, 2013

Great Gatsby

Dress - Sue Wong, Shoes - Nicholas Kirkwood, Purse - Vintage, Fur Stole - Vintage, Earrings - present from the hubs, Necklace - Charming Charlie's, Bracelet - wedding gift from hubs, Ring - Vintage, Headpiece - DIY
So, this past week I was given the most awesome opportunity to go see the screening of The Great Gatsby movie in 3D before it came to theaters thanks to Oh Nikka! Tiffany of TiffanyStyleBlog came too and we had a blast! We dressed up and took loads of pictures to get us in the mood! I loved every minute and couldn't wait to see more of Daisy Buchanan's outfits! They were incredible! Seriously, the first scene when you see Daisy for the first time took my breath away! I was already overly obsessed with the deco era and had loads of flapper fashions in my closet so this was the perfect opportunity for me to pull it all out!  







So, I totally took a vintage deco necklace and attached an elastic headband to the clasps of the necklace and secured it to my head. Voila! Deco headpiece and necklace in one!

Shop more of my favorite Art Deco pieces below!

10 comments:

  1. i just found your blog and i'm following you now! i absolutely adore your style.. if you have a moment, i'd love if you could check out my latest post, thanks x

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous! I was really wanting to go see that movie but then never made it :( You look great!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That look is totally a great gatsby look , you look gorgeous!

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty look. Totally fitting with the '20s! =)
    I saw the movie and loved it! So spot on with the book!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your necklace headband idea is completely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obviously I adore this post! What a great photographer you had. ;) You look fabulous and always have the best art deco style!
    www.tiffanystyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I just died over your outfit! You killed it! as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am lovin this dress on you, this look is really suites you! X

    http://chictimes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful dress. You look so beautiful in it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! I look forward to reading each and every comment!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs